I didn't get much done, but in this model's case, a little equals a lot!
Not pictured, I finished painting the mid-tones and top layer colors on the outside hull of the drop pod. The only thing left to do is the highlights.
Next, with a pencil, I drew out the lines for the interior door strips. I have been very please with how this turned out on my 1st drop pod, and I think it looks very dynamic on the battlefield when it is deployed. So I will repeat this on my my drop pods.
|The Fiery Orange stripes.|
|The 1st yellow coat.|
After finishing it, I decided to tinker with the door assembly and found that I needed to work on the doors or else I would be a victim of 'Problem #3'. According to an article on Bell of Lost Souls called drop-pod construction essentials, (which BTW, I highly recommend you at least read though it prior to attempting to properly build this kit) if you have too much flash or mold lines on the door bottoms, they will not shut right.
|Removing the flash and mold lines.|
Here's a quote from that handy article:
Now that that issue is resolved, I can move on to the rest of the kit. I am at a place with it now that I think I will focus on it again once I complete the current round of Chaos models. I want to play with my Space Wolves again soon and it would be really nice to run two Drop Pods instead of just one and a bunch of Rhinos...