Pages

Sunday, August 09, 2026

Knightly Order of the Blazing Sun (Part 5)

I have finally finished the four man unit of Inner Circle Knightss for my Order of the Blazing Suns list*. 



After getting the highlights done and a bunch of touch-ups, I painted up all of their feathered helms. Some have  metallic helms and some ha e actual feathers. The idea was that the feathers, as well as the subtle bands g differences on their lances, would set them apart individually. 


Their shields were all done by hand. Although the sun shape isn't as rounded as I would have preferred, I still think the finished result looks cool. 


After some grass tufts and leaves, these noble heroes were now done. 


But I do have ideas for adding a standard bearer to the unit. So I might be revisiting these guys at some point. It's a good start, and I think the whole project based around ancient Battlemasters miniatures gives the the whole thing a nice nostalgic vibe. 




* I suppose it's time to reveal this list that I am building towards. Obviously I can change this as the needs for a particular game demands, but foe now this is a good working template. And I am about halfway done with it! 

===

Knights of the Blazing Sun [1246 pts]

Warhammer: The Old World, Empire of Man, Order of the Blazing Sun, Open War

===

++ Characters [297 pts] ++


Chapter Master [150 pts]  (coming soon!)

- Hand weapon

- Lance

- Full plate armour

- Shield

- Order of the Blazing Sun

- General

- Barded Warhorse

- Enchanted Shield

- Giant Blade


Master Mage [147 pts] (I have yet to assemble him)

- Hand weapon

- Wizard [Level 2 Wizard]

- Empire Warhorse

- Blade of Silvered Steel

- Arcane Familiar

- Battle Magic


++ Core Units [555 pts] ++


4 Inner Circle Knights of the Blazing Sun [143 pts]   (The guys featured in this post)

- Hand weapons

- Lances

- Shields

- Full plate armour

- Barding

- Stubborn

- Inner Circle Preceptor (champion)


5 Empire Knights of the Blazing Sun [161 pts] 

- Hand weapons

- Lances

- Shields

- Heavy armour

- Barding

- Stubborn

- Preceptor (champion) [Ring of Taal + Burning Blade]


5 Empire Knights of the Blazing Sun [156 pts] 

- Hand weapons

- Lances

- Shields

- Heavy armour

- Barding

- Drilled

- Preceptor (champion) [Twice-Blessed Armour]


10 Empire Archer (i.e. Huntsmen)s [95 pts] Unfinished but 'battle ready'.

- Hand weapons

- Warbows

- Fire & Flee

- Scouts

- Marksman (champion)


++ Special Units [290 pts] ++


20 State Troops [155 pts]  (assembled and primed)

- Hand weapons

- Halberds

- Light armour

- Shields

- Sergeant (champion)

- Standard bearer

- Musician


Great Cannon [135 pts]  (needs work!)

- Great cannon

- Hand weapons

- Veteran


++ Rare Units [104 pts] ++


6 Pistoliers [104 pts] (unassembled)

- Hand weapons

- Brace of pistols

- Heavy armour

- Veteran (champion) [Brace of pistols]


---

Created with "Old World Builder"


[https://old-world-builder.com]


So as you can see, I got quite a bit of work to do.  I am not kidding, it will be really satisfying getting this army finished. Since the rest of this force technically aren't Knights, they will get  their own post/threads. 

So, until then,..! 

No comments:

Post a Comment