And here we are: not-quite-am-Iron Warrior marine is done!
Here are the last stages of his progress:
Assembling the arms was a tad tricky as the original left arm I selected wasn't going to work. So I found an alternate and it seems to work a lot better.
Painting the coils on the Plasma Gun took quite a few steps. Essentially I began with a Scab Red base, with Mephiston Red, which I mixed with an old Blood Angels Orange, with a highlight of Sunburst Yellow. I washed over this with a red ink glaze.
|Completed from the rear.|
Back in anniversary-marine-project-part-1 I shared Adam's thoughts on how he would like the base done up. I think I did a pretty good job with getting all good and swampy with the colors, but I had left a few areas of the base exposed, which I colored, and these applied lots of gloss varnish to make it appear like a small pool or a puddle. I then added some grass tufts for a bit more a marshy feel. After I sealed the model outside with matte varnish, I decided a photo in natural light would be a neat idea. I positioned him on some dried mud (is a "dry creek" that runs next to my house) and I thought he looked right in this environment.
|Defender of the mucky-muck!|