It started back in February of this year when I got a text message with a few photos that stated: "Got in 2 hours of airbrushing this weekend!"
The Doc has built an airbrush venting station for his his airbrush, and after many years of dreaming about it, he finally got a functioning airbrush studio-spot up and running. Of course, one must start off big with airbrushing right, and what better choice than to go with the some terrain!
About a week later he sent me another message:
"Check out the further progress on the board tiles! I tried using an oil wash for the first time- it did a really great job of blending!"
The next few pics shows those results. I am unfamiliar with the oil wash of which he speaks and will try to get more info for you interested readers soon.
About a month later he sends me this pic. I have NO idea WTF if could be, as he does a lot of science stuff and carpentry and other things of which I lack any vocation in, so I had to ask what this was about:
"Working out spacing for my crosswalk template for urban streets. Will build on computer, then print out and cut cardstock master, then cut friskette from that to airbrush the crosswalks on."
The next day he sent me the following pic with this message"
"So this is the final crosswalk template to cut friskette with. At most I will need 4 friskettes at a time."
Another week passes...
|"Crosswalks before washes to tone down and blend."|
|Masking in progress.|
He has sent me some more pics showing some of the terrain pieces, which I will save for a future post.