|A Work In Progress Fanatic.|
It's been over a year now since I last made a post about these guys, and I decided it was definitely time to revist them. Back in part 1 however I was focusing on the three metal miniatures I was adding to my Night Goblin horde. But prior to that, and having made their first appearance in Equis Tyranus where they made a rather smashing impression on The Bob's High Elves, I had started on three plastic Fanatics. I want to finish all six at the same time, so I needed to get these buggers caught up.
|Primed. Just primed.|
Anyone who owns these miniatures can attest to how unstable they are. No, not their minds, their mental instability is a defining aspect of their whole character, but no I ment physically. They fall over a lot! I decided to glue down some rocks to their bases to give them a bit more weight. It's not a perfect solution but it helps.
And then I added some grit to their bases. And that's all I did on these guys for about a year!
But my recent focus on 40k grots got me thinking about these guys and getting them out of my painting queue. I decided to use the technique I figured out in Grots! Part 2 for their flesh. This started out with a basecoat of Gretchin Green Foundation paint.
|Gretchin Green Foundation Paint flesh.|
Now over to the metal guys, I used one of my oldest Citadel Paints called Bilious Green on them before washing their flesh with Tesseract Glow. At this time I washed the plastic guys with Tesseract glow also. As you can see they still look different from each other but they're getting closer.
|Tesseract Glow on their fleshy bits.|
Next I added Applebarrel Kiwi to their green skins. This got them a lot closer to a unified look. It was at this time that I washed the metal bits with a thinned brown paint to create a rusted, old, metal look. I got all their bases up to the same level also.
|Kiwi layer on the skins.|
|Balls of metal.|