Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Tales From The Smoking Wyrm #4 Kickstarter

 

Snippet of #4's cover, art by Brian Maikisch.

Tales From The Smoking Wyrm issue 4 Kickstarter is now live. Check it out, and hopefully you'll see something there that might entice you to support it.

For those of you that regularly check out this blog, you likely do it because it is primarily a Warhammer 40,000 or miniatures blog. However I definitely played a lot of fantasy roleplaying games back "in the day"*. These included Basic D&D, AD&D (1st and 2nd), Rolemaster, Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay and MERP. And I did so alongside Warhammer 40,000 and other taple top games. Tales From The Smoking Wyrm, while set up primarily in support of Dungeon Crawl Classics (DCC) is written in such a way that the content could be moved to one of those OSR games (or even the more modern versions) with little fuss. 

I am once again doing art for this zine. I have some spot illustrations within it and I am contracted to do more. However I am not able to show any of that here at this time. Yet. However if you keep an eye of the Kickstarter campaign, our website, and our Facebook Group** you might see more.

Well, I did draw this gnome...

Onward Retainer! is my regular comic strip-thing that I am happy to say is returning in this issue as well. I get a kick out of these characters and their misadventures and writing and drawing them has been a highlight of the year for me. At this time I have scripts written through issue 10 and the story for #5 is already done. (It's nice to get ahead!)



*My definition of which is the late '80s and early '90s. Cuz I'm old. 

**I can't seem to be able to make a link for it. If you're on FB, just search for Tales Of The Smoking Wyrm. 

No comments: