Sunday, June 03, 2018

Waaagh Plane (Part 4)

It has been way too long since I worked on this thing. Waaagh-plane-part-3 was posted back in 2012, and apart from me performing some repairs to it in 2014 I haven't done anything with it. My primary excuse has been my lack of enthusiasm concerning the rules for the Orks during the last two editions. My recent painting of the Dark Eldar Venom, specifically it's canopy, got me thinking about how I needed to paint the canopy for this Dakkajet...and finally finish this project. The next motivation came from Da Masta Cheef's challenge of an Ork vs. Ork 8th edition game...

Re-glueing the rear wing.
After exhuming the thing from it's foam-filled tomb/case I found that, once again, one of the rear wings was detached. I immediately set about repairing it while taking the time to contemplate what I needed to do to it to complete the model.

The base seemed like a natural place to start. I wanted to get this battle-ready as soon as I could, and the base is essential to that goal.

Debris added.

I found some busted up Space Marine bike parts in a bitz box and scattered them about the base. My Orks have a long history turning Space Marines into debris so seemed only fitting.

Base mostly done.

I needed to get this done ASAP so I finished the drybrushing on the ground first but had to stop just at the basecoat for the bike debris.

I did perform some minor touch-ups to the paint job on the plane itself, but the next stages won't be truly complete until after I apply the decals. But it was needed in our quasi-annual Ork vs. Ork game, details of which will be coming soon, so off to the front it went!

Da Maiden Flight!

5 comments:

CounterFett said...

Beautiful work!

Nice to see meat's back on the menu!

Suber said...

One can never go wrong with flying Orks! :D

Da Masta Cheef said...

Yeah...I think I need to excavate my Ork flyer out from the archives and start work on it...

neverness said...

Thanks guys!
Yes Cheef, you definitely do so we can have Orky dog fights!

Rory (Stepping Between Games) said...

More Orks is good Orks.