Tuesday, September 03, 2019

Blood Axe Boyz (Part 2)

Made some progress on these boyz in that these models now have color on them.

"Da only col'ah dat matterz is green!"
I proceeded with the plan as layed out in Part-1. I started out with a Priming Base Coat of Tamiya Khaki. A color I originally purchased for use with my Bolt Action models but first used on my Blood Axe Dreadnought last year.

"I'm so KHAKI!"
That was done in late July of this year. Work and other projects have taken my time in the interval. It is now the 3rd of September and I found a few loose hours that allowed me to add the next stage, which is Caliban Green, that I applied to the skin areas.

Caliban Green skin.

Next was a layer of Goblin Green.

Goblin Green layer.

Followed by a mix of Green Ink, Yellow Ink and three drops of water. I mixed it until it was about the color of anti-freeze, and then I glazed the flesh areas.

Glazed in glorious green!

...and that's as far as I have gotten so far, there are about three more layers to go and the ork flesh will be complete. And obviously there is quite a bit more to go besides just that, so watch out for the next update.


3 comments:

Rory (Stepping Between Games) said...

Ohh I love that commando boss model. Looks like you are making a good start on them and all.

Zzzzzz said...

Anti freeze

LOL.

neverness said...

Hey, am I right? 😀