Sunday, November 09, 2014

I'm a stripper! Part 2

The tank from part one has soaked in Superclean for a few days now, and here are the results after running them under warm water and scrubbing them with an old toothbrush.

With the black paint gone, another layer of  orange was revealed beneath. 

The metal parts were stripped clean! 
 All-in-all, I am quite pleased with these results. The metal in particular was stripped down to looking almost like new again! The Superclean did what Warfrog told me it would do to superglue: it completely eliminated it! Thus this model is mostly in pieces now. The under layer of orange-yellowish paint was revealed when the black was removed, however the superclean had a tougher time dissolving it on the plastics.


Just add some tall grass and more debris and it look like a scene from an Imperial junk yard!
 These plastic bits, and any bits that still has some paint on it, were put back into the Superclean. Also, I placed into the jar the following models that my pal Brian Hunter gave to me. I think these guys will end up joining my Celestial Lions squad at some point, but who knows for sure?  Once I have them cleaned up, I'll have them ready for whatever fate awaits them!

The next batch of strippers. 

2 comments:

greggles said...

Haha...strip one color...what another color? WHAT CHAPTER DID YOU BELONG TOO???

Quite a stripping journey!

neverness said...

I suspect those marines in the last pic might have been intended for use as casualties... Unsure what Chapter, if any any, the tank started out as though.