Sunday, June 05, 2016

The Deadly Assassins (part 2)

In the first part of this series I presented  a review of my collection of Imperial Assassin miniatures as well as some remenising regarding the classic Imperial Assassin model that stalked the battlefields in the late '80s and early '90s. I ended that post with an image of my completed Eversor Assassin miniature and a promise to discuss him. So, without further prefacing:



I chose to follow the paint scheme that the  'eavy Metal team used last year for the Execution Force models as I found those colors to be striking and oddly refreshing. I was going to deviate slightly and make the reds darker so as not to evoke a mid '90s WD red-era effect, but in the end I figured I liked what I was seeing and just rolled with it. Besides, I do have 2 more unpainted Eversors and one day I will paint them to go with different armies, terrian and situations (i.e. Arctic, urban or jungle camo designs) which I can deploy as needed. Anyway that's my self-justification for painting a sneaky assassin with bright red all over him.


One thing about the plastic Eversor that comes in the Execution Force game (as well as his own $30 -yikes!- clampack) is that, finally after 20 years, the Eversor isn't in a pose that makes one think he's doing some kind of painful crab walk. Warfrog once called him the "my-ass-is-sore" assassin, much to my amusement, however with the name Eversor (EVER-SORE) I can't help but wonder if maybe it's one of those classic puny in-jokes that the design team used to do? Regardless, we can probably all agree that the classic model had an awkward pose and the new model looks great.

Takedown time!
I haven't started on the next model in this series yet, but if it goes as quick as the Eversor did I will be quite happy.

2 comments:

Siph_Horridus said...

Great classic model updated, good stuff. Like the base, but can't help noticing the heavy paint on the rim, perhaps a quick sand and a repaint of the rim will do wonders to make it look even smarter?

neverness said...

My only complaint about the Secret Weapon base conversion kits is that paint has a tendancy to have a "chalky" look to it. I am not sure if sanding this will eliminate this appearance vs. applying a varnish or something.