Thursday, November 09, 2017

The Path to Gorkamorka (part 2)

After creating a Gorkamorka gang (on paper), led by my dashing ork nob of course, it came time to start painting my Mek and Runtherd.. Of those two, the Runtherd has prompted the most attention. For such a small model (then and now but especially by current ork standards) he is incredibly detailed!

Rogue Trader era Runtheard. 

On the backside of the model, bundled up on his belt, are the severed heads of snottlings and grots; no doubt they were naughty in some way. Curiously, since this model was released, I don't think there has been a Runtherd model that has had such a macabre detail on it. At least not this particular detail anyway.

The heads if the naughty.
+++++++++++++++++

Everything above that line was written almost two years ago. The local Gorkamorka fad folded faster than it started and I never got back to working on these minis. However, while tidying my blog this morning I accidentally posted it! I immediately put it back to 'draft' status, however Blogger is a bit unforgiving in this respect so whenever I do post this it will show up in my feed on the original post date. Well, that is just a pain to deal with, so I decided to work little bit more on the Runtherd and Mekboy. They still aren't done, but maybe this goof-up will get them there faster now.

Original Runtherd and Mekboy. W.i.P.

Here they are in there current state. I worked on the Mek Boy's flesh earlier today. I think I spent more time searching Google for painted examples of both of these models, but examples are few and far.

 And here is the Runtherd again next to a current Loota. He maybe a little guy but I bet he can scrap like a mofo with that whip!

The Loota is a W.I.P. as well. 
Since these models have my attention again, they have been moved up in the painting queue. Hopefully you'll see them again soon.


4 comments:

Da Masta Cheef said...

The size discrepancy is easily explained: Da Runtherd iz just a yoof!

neverness said...

Runtherd in training?

Da Masta Cheef said...

Runtherdling?

Dwarfy Mcgee said...

The scale creep is real.