Saturday, February 24, 2018

C3 Strike troopers -BtGoA (Part 3)

I have completed the painting on these first 5 Concord miniatures. And here they are:

Ready to hunt more Ghar.

Continuing on from the last post on these guys, I decided to use a thinned wash of Agrax Earthshade over the English Uniform. I then layered the edges again with English Uniforms.

Agrax Earthshade and English Uniform layer.

It needed a bit more of a highlight so I mixed a bit of White Scar with English Uniform and applied it to the edges. I also turned my attention back to the bases. They too needed a color kick so I added a highlight of Blood Angel Orange (it's a very old color, from the '89 Space Marine paint set -and it still works great!). I thought this worked out nicely as well. Very "martian".

White/English Uniform highlights.

Next up I painted the guns and visors. The visors were painted simply with a Chaos Black base layered with Dark Reaper. It was then washed with Nuln Oil. I wanted more of a highlight though so I added a thin line of White Scar  and added an additional Nuln Oil wash over it all.

Visors and guns.

The guns were painted in a way that I thought would give them contrast from the uniform colors, yet somehow still manage to look 'right' with them. I painted them with Ushanti Bone, then washed them with Thraka Green and finished them with a highlight of Ushanti Bone. 

Guns finished.
The blue plasma colors were painted using Macrage Blue then Russ Grey with subtle highlights of White Scar. This was washed with Guilliman Blue.

View of the Plasma Lance's blue energy coil.

I thought I was done when I took the pics above but while I was writing this remembered a crucial detail I had overlooked: the red button! So I took a moment to quickly add these details to their weapons. The red button stands out particularly well on the Plasma Lance.


And that is a wrap!

Well, on these 5 guys anyway.

Got 15 more to do...plus their buddy drones...and support drones. But at least I now got a color scheme down that I like.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Join our Facebook group: Neverness Hobbies.

4 comments:

thebob489 said...

Nice!

neverness said...

Thanks!

Da Masta Cheef said...

So...does the whole squad explode when the big red button is pushed?

neverness said...

Only if they do it in synchronicity.