Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Dreadtober Blood Axe Dreadnought (Part 4)

Finding a few fleeting moments last week, I have managed to complete this model. Well mostly anyway. I have some decal ideas I want to try out. But here it is 95% done.

Done but for the decals.
The finals steps to get me here are next. The first step being painting the hatch. This didn't take hardly any time at all.

Hatch applied and painted.

Next I painted the windows. It still cracks me up that these dreads would have windows, but hey, there they are!

Windows painted.

Then I focused on the weapons. I chose to make this one's fuel tanks a brighter red that last year's dread.

Fuel tank painted.

After a few touch-ups, I decided that this was actually done! So after finishing the painting of the base, grass tufts were added.

Tuft love.
There are two skulls, 'umie of course, that had to be finished also.

More grass tufts.

Pretty much done! 

I hope to get some outside natural lighting pics soon, however it was raining when I last had the opportunity to do that. Since I have some decal ideas this is probably for the best anyway.

5 comments:

St Andrews Wargaming said...

Great stuff! A very cool looking dread and a great paint job to match!

Mordian7th said...

Sweeeeeet. No school like the old school!

neverness said...

Thanks guys, your kind responses mean a lot to me! I am pleased with how well this turned out. I have more ork models to paint in this scheme, which I hope to do before the year is out.

Rory Priest said...

Absolutely wonderful. Great work to bring an old model to life.

Suber said...

It's enormously delightful, I love the way you approached to this beauty.