Saturday, October 12, 2019

Goff Ork Dreadnought (Part 2)

Progress has continued on this Dreadtober project.

First off, I had to take the time and file down and otherwise remove the flash and mold lines. Something that can be quite time consuming when it comes to pewter miniatures.
A metal puzzle.

After that I superglued the hull assembly together. I left the arms slack so that I could paint them more easily. I will glue them into their final positions at the end of this project.

Together at last!

After this I took the miniature outside and spray painted it with Chaos Black. After a few days I got back to it and applied Abaddon Black to solidify the black coat and make it more consistent. (Um, looks like I may have a few spots...ah, the Joy of working with metal!). While doing that I started to work on the base by basecoating the sidewalk.

Primed.

I am still considering what to do about the pilot and whether or not I want to just go with a closed hatch on the model. I will likely dwell on this right up to the last post, but I wouldn't mind to hear opinions on the matter, so feel free to leave a comment.

Pilot or hatch?



4 comments:

Da Masta Cheef said...

Hatch closed with the pilot sticking up out if a manhole on the base,

Siph_Horridus said...

Hatch open with pilot! And yes metal minis don’t half chip easily, I forgot how frustrating that can be!

Dwarfy Mcgee said...

Hatch open!

Rory (Stepping Between Games) said...

While Da Masta Cheef's idea is hilarious I think go with the open hatch and pilot.