Monday, September 13, 2021

Deathwatch: Kill Team Neverness (Part 4)

 And, after way too long, Kill Team Neverness is complete! They'll never be called this, as now they are simply the first finished squad of my (small) Deathwatch army. 

The three amigos? 

This first guy was the last guy for me to figure out what his originating Chapter was going to be. Somehow I have ended up with a sprue of the Dark Angel Primaris Upgrade kit* and they eventually called out to me be included in this squad. 


I like how it turned out, and I like the idea of a Dark Angel being led by a Space Wolf. When I run this squad in a proper game it will be led by Erik Axegrinder


Next up we have an Imperial Fist. His pad is metal. I bought a blister pack of these metal Imperial/Crimson Fist shoulder pads around the time that I started working on this during the early months of 40k 4th Edition. In the end this is the only guy in the squad who ended up with one as the other two Marines have the newer Deathwatch arms and the metal pads don't fit very well. I made him an Imperial Fist as the Space Marine novel is still sort of fresh in my mind. 


I was satisfied with how his power sword turned out also, even though the side closest to his body is the side I like best...


My favorite model of this trio the Space Wolf guy. Note that I had him originate from a different Great Company than Erik Axegrinder simply for diversity sake. And I have a few of these pads left over from some Space Wolves that I got in a trade about 20 years ago that I haven't had the heart to paint over or otherwise eliminate.


I added the obligatory knife and wolf tail talisman to the model to Wolf him up a bit more.


Grass tufts were added the final touches to these guys. And I was thrilled that Kill Team "never finished" is now, in fact, very much, finished.


And here is the original five models gathered together for a group shot. It's been a long road for them. Indeed. But their brethern are shaping up behind them and soon (relatively, for me anyway) a Deathwatch army will grow from these guys. 


They should be done by 14th edition...


*I swear it wasn't so I could litter the bases of my other armies with Dark Angel debris. Honestly, I swear it! 

1 comment:

Da Masta Cheef said...

A fine looking bunch but...lol, on seeing that wolf tail talisman all I could think of was: ..of snips and snail and puppy dog tails...