Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Deathwatch Terminators (Part 1)

It's  time to go a bit more elite and add some Terminators to my blossoming squads of Deathwatch marines. Like all of the other Deathwatch projects I am working on, these were started back in August with the hope that I could get some of them done in time for the 2021 Inquisitional Conclave. Clearly, I bit off more than I could chew in the time allotted!

WIP of Deathwatch Terminators. 

Before I bought the models assembled above, I had only intended to build-out one squad of them from the odd ball models I had lying about. This got out of hand quickly as some of my choices led me to abandon some ideas in lieu of others. For example, I now have the start of a Deathwing Terminator squad as a result of discovering that filing off the Crux Terminatus on the left shoulder pad, and then filing it down so as to fit the Terminator sized Deathwatch shoulder pad, was far too much work. So those models were replaced. 

The filed down pad.

Another abandoned project was the notion of magnetizing all of them so as to maximize the potential weapons load out. After doing this on a single model, and being a bit disappointed in the result, I decided to just stick with the load out I was most likely to just use the most anyway. 

Magnetic arm options.

In one of the above pics you likely noticed the Terminator with the red head. That head was a spare from a Space Marine Heros Blood Angels Terminator who, as you can see below, has also been requisitioned into the Deathwatch.

A Space Marine Hero Joins the Deathwatch.

All-in-all, these guys are beginning to come together and soon I hope to have a formidable Deathwatch force to send out to destroy xenos filth and other vile foes of the Imperium. 


No comments: