Thursday, July 07, 2022

Leave It To Reivers (Part 5)

The new guys, ready to join their peers.

The Ultramarines Reivers are now finished.  I finished the two models from the last post as well as added the grav chutes to the three models finished way back in the early days of 40k 8th edition. 

Grav chutes added.

There's not a whole lot to tell. I will say that I painted the grav chutes on the the sprue because they are very tiny parts and this was the easiest way to paint them. After they were painted, I clipped them off, glued them to the nozzles on the backpacks.  One glued on, I touched up the unpainted areas with the highligh color (Fenrisian Grey in this case). 

The old guys get their grav chutes.

And now I have a five-man squad of fully painted Reivers. This is the scheme I came up with using a  test model a few years ago, and I am happy to say I still think it holds up. 

And finally, five do a squad make. 

I am very pleased with this unit and look forward to expanding my old Ultramarines with some more Primaris brothers as well as finishing some of their Firstborn brothers also.  (How come I always feel like I am jinxing myself with declarations like that? )


3 comments:

Zzzzzz said...

Is that a graviton gun ?

Da Masta Cheef said...

Grappling hook launcher I believe.

DAM said...

They look sharp! Nice work.