Friday, January 05, 2024

Leviathan Terminator Librarian (Part 3)

 Continuing on from parts One and Two it was time for the psychic glow stage. Referencing a GW painting tutorial after I had went and bought paints I found that somehow I still bought the wrong one. I was supposed to get Baharroth Blue but instead bought Hoeth Blue. The names were just too elfy I guess. I also picked up two Contrast Paints that I thought might work also: Pylar Glacier and Briar Queen Chill. Both of these look like they would look amazing on this model the Pylar Glacier being the one closest to Baharroth Blue

Choices. 

I went for the Pylar Glacier. I applied two layers as it does run a bit thin. And I think it turned out alright. 

Glowy psi power.

I am particularly pleased with how well the effect worked on the outstretched hand. 

Hand blasting for the win! 

I am also found of how well it seemed to work on the runic script on the paldrons. 

Runes of power! 

Almost a week went by before I could back to it but before I could calamity ensued. Or is it CATlamity? One of my more adventurous cat decided to explore my hobby table and when Mrs. Neverness attempted to intervene he wrecked almost everything in his mad dash to escape. Surprisingly, only one model was damaged and it just happens to be this one. The axe head busted off and I found it under the living room couch. 

Disarmed by a cat.

So this project is temporarily stalled while I fix the axe. Hopefully it'll be restored without too much effort in Part 4 of this series...


1 comment:

DAM said...

Yikes...I occasionally find stuff on my workbench...moved. I have two cats and two children so it's not always clear, but my money is on the cats. :)

Hope the repair goes/went well! Pins for the win!