Sunday, August 20, 2017

Leave it to Reivers (part 2)

Here we are with the work in progress on the Reivers.

Almost there! 

And after a bit of debate I decided to paint them as Ultramarines after I completed the Ultramarine color test . I was quite pleased with that, so the following images will show me following those same steps.


Space Marine Blue base coat.

Maragge Blue layer.

Ultramarines blue layer. 

Fenrisian Grey highlights.
Fenrisian Grey highlights & dark areas basecoated black. 
Fenrisian Grey basecoat on their death masks.
Other details painted.
In the above pic I painted the metal bits, the gold skulls, the red trim on the pauldrons, and the grenades in a few different colors. And I painted a thin line of Pewter Grey along the edges of the black bits (pouches, holsters, etc.). After a correspondence with Da Masta Cheef he reminded me tbat the gun barrels needed to be drilled out (without screwing them up!).

Gun barrels drilled out. 

 Although there isn't that much more to do but a few more details and the decals, I decided to leave all that for Part 3.


3 comments:

Siph_Horridus said...

Lovely, Reivers are fast becoming my favourite Primaris to look at, not sure about their performance? Ache for Power Weapons!

neverness said...

Yeah, I sorta dread putting them on the table. They look good but you would have thought with all this improved genetic Primaris-ness that these guys would warrant having a better close combat weapon than a "knife". Granted their knives are about the size of High Elf swords but whatever...

Unknown said...

I've used them in 2 matches and they quickly wiped. My strategy wasn't very sound but yet to figure out a good one