Thursday, August 24, 2017

Death Castle (Part 5)

This post continues the re-presentation of the original Death Castle thread I originally posted on http://warhammer-empire.com way back in 2008. See Part 1 for why I am reposting it here.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


PART 5

Progress is slowly being made. The tower’s wall sections are mostly in place and the renovation work has truly begun. I spent some time working the old front wall section off, which proved to be tougher than I thought it would be. 

Serious renovation work!


I was trying to preserve as much of it as I could but it was so brittle and the glue was so tough that it broke up as I removed it. Laying side by side you can really see just how harsh the spray paint was to the original wall.

Comparison of old wall to new wall.


I used a hot glue gun to fix the new wall in place. 

The new wall is added.


I then built from Mordheim building sprues what is going to be the front entrance’s door frame. Getting the door frame mounted to the wall will probably be a challenge.  

The new door frame.

2017 note: As I look back on this project I can't help but be grateful for just how awesome GW's Mail Order service used to be. I ordered those Mordheim sprues (and other assorted bitz) a la carte and it was so awesome to have been able to smoothly do that back then. The bitz program ended and Mail Order turned to total crap not long (within 2 years I think? after this. I don't think I have utilized GW's Mail Order very much since those days...



No comments: