Wednesday, January 17, 2018

The Snowy Ruins (Part 2)

It warmed up enough outside for me to get this thing primed. After that, I base-coated the ground with Folk Art Patina. At this stage it kind of gives the model a weird look as it was based with aquarium rocks or something...

Patina base coat. 
Here is another pic, a bit closer with the lighting dimmed so you can get a better sense of the Patina's intensity.

Intensity.
I then began the application of Apple Barrel Cloudless (I love the implied positivity of that name). It's a lighter blue but is still intense enough to not dull the Patina too harshly.

Cloudless on the corner.

Cloudless all around.
With that done I started on the White. The camera has a way of white-washing the color out. To better demonstate the contrast this next pic shows a section half painted with a White top coat.

Right side has the White coat.
And the base is now done. Next I started on the ruin proper by painting the doors and other ornamental fixtures with Copper. And with that I called it a night.

Base done and copper bitz painted.

In between my starting this post and finishing it, I managed to get the whole project done. (A rare feat for me.) I will reveal the final piece in the next part, but for now here is a preview:

Saints fighting over a sword. 


No comments: