Friday, March 27, 2020

Wolfpriest Jorvik Blacktooth (Part 2)

Wolfpruest Jorvik Blacktooth.

With a pause in my art duties, and a slight Spring break for myself, I took a few moments to try to complete a few things in my painting queue that wouldn't take too much work to finish. One such model was Wolfpriest Jorvik Blacktooth which I started on, and nearly finished, last summer (see Part 1). I do not know what fizzled out the momentum I had going on this guy, but I suspect it as something to do with getting a job with a long commute.

"Dude, where's my Eldar trophies

I didn't take any stage-by-stage pics for these final steps as I was primarily focused on just finishing him up. That said I can tell you a few things that I know I haven't covered elsewhere. The interior of his cloak was painted by first applying a basecoat of Mournfang Brown. Next I added a layer of Zandri Dust. I then glazed it with Agrax Earthshade followed by another glaze of a mixture of six parts water to one part Carrosburg Crimson. This last mixture made for the subtlest of hues, but I like how it turned out.


I applied a decal on his left pauldron, and I would like to note that if really is less challenging if you put the backpack on after you apply the decals to your Marines. Trust me.

One he was done it was time to take him out for his natural lighting glamor shot. Expect to see him soon in the Space Wolves gallery and in the Neverness Rogues gallery. And with hope, in a battle report!

My first completed model of 2020! Yay!
It is nice to finally have a completed model for 2020. I have a few more I hope to get done soon, but in the meanwhile I literally have to get back to the drawing board!

2 comments:

Siph_Horridus said...

Always loved a good Wolfpriest sculpt, you did a great job.

Regarding Lt Amulius, I ordered one, already have mine so it’s yours as first come first serve. They will take orders until 11 Apr, so not limited. Email me at Titan(dot)owners(dot)club(dot)uk(at)gmail(dot)com with your address and I’ll let you know postage and cost via PayPal from there when it arrives.

Da Masta Cheef said...

Messaged!