Sunday, October 15, 2017

Original Ork Dread (Part 3)

More progress has been made on this grot driven Ork Dreadnought.

It's current state.
The pilot was given a coat of Goblin Green over the Caliban Green basecoat.

Goblin Green on a Grot.
Next, I painted the whole dread in Sunburst Yellow.
Sunburst yellow.
I then mixed Yellow Ink with Green Ink until it was approximately the color of anti-freeze. I thinned that with a dot or two of water and proceeded to wash the grot with it.

Yellow/green ink mix.
I then picked out some areas with Abaddon Black. These will likely end up a metallic color. I also painted up the base a bit more too.

Black base coats.
I next painted the weapons and the inside area where the grot sits using Tin Bitz. I also used a dark blue to pick out the windows as well. (Do they have grot glass blowers?)

Tin bitz on select metal bitz.
And that is all for now!


2 comments:

Siph_Horridus said...

Nearly there mate, great looking old school cool.

Suber said...

Oh so lovely! Nice work on yellow :O