Tuesday, October 03, 2017

Death Castle (Part 8)

The Death Castle saga continues...

PART 8

Progress is slowly being made. My attempt to find the fortress door sprues ended in futility so I’ve taken the Mordheim doorframes and glued slats of balsa wood to the backside to create a door effect. I’ve not figured out how to make door handles yet but I have some ideas I want to try out. There will be three of these for the tower. One at the base, one for the wall level, and one for the balcony.

Tower is capped.


The balcony itself was fairly easy to construct. I’m currently working out how to mount it into the wall, but I’m pretty sure I have an idea that will work. The hand rail for it will take some time to build but it should look nice in the end.


The woody bits.

I’ve capped the tower roof with a sheet of molded plastic card with rock embossing. I cut out a square in the center that will represent the hatch opening. This is done, although not shown, in the picture. Currently I’m at the point where I will work next on the tower battlements and crenulations.  

No comments: