Thursday, March 21, 2019

Stormsire's Cursebreakers (Part 2)

I finished Stormsire!

 Behold: Stormsire! 

I followed Duncan's tutorial fairly close, even going so far as to go down to the hobby shops and purchase some more (select) Citadel paints that I did not have. However there was a blue color that I missed and instead of putting off the completion of the model,  I chose to seek out an analog to it. My old, and rarely used, Lightning Blue seemed to do the trick rather well. It's a bit brighter than how the model in the tutorial turned out, but I like it!

Lightning Blue highlight.
The other deviation was not to paint the flame blue, but instead I painted it a vibrant green. And yes, I stole the idea from someone else after a Google search, but it looked too awesome to just not go with it.

The green flame.
And with that done, all I had left to do was mount him to his base, do a few more touch-ups, and he was finished!

Rear view the finished model.

Although I focused on Stormsire, his two companions are not too far behind him and are basecoated.

Basecoats on his pals.
Alright, here are some glamor shots:


Note that the tutorial on Warhammer TV doesn't show, suggest or even mention the holy water vial on his belt or the broken vials on his base. I painted mine using a blue and the Fang.


And that's it for Stormsire himself, on to the last two members of this team.


2 comments:

Waaargh Pug said...

Looks good man! These are from the Underworlds starter box, right?

Suber said...

Really cool. I particularly love the flame effect. Great.