Sunday, December 03, 2017

Death Castle (Part 10)



PART 10

It’s been too long since I updated this, but work has, slowly, progressed on Death Castle. There’s been a lot of drama in and around my life (personal and work) over the past two months that has had a hard impact on my free time. The few moments of peace working on this castle have been quite rewarding. Though I doubt I’ll beat the December deadline, my ultimate goal is to hit a New Year deadline.

Now with paint. 


The first thing you’ll notice, obviously, is that the tower now has paint on it. Sadly, these photos do not do the base coat justice, and the camera flash has the annoying effect of illuminating all the weird little shadow bits in the Styrofoam the paint couldn’t get too, and which cannot be seen in the normal lighting. Never-the-less, seeing it from the perspective of these photos really helps me get critical with the whole piece; I’m definitely not done with the base coat!!!

A closer look.

Also, since last time, I’ve added the arrowslits. These are the ones GW made, and I was wise enough to buy two blisters of them about 8-9 years ago anticipating a project like this one. (Who says hording is bad). It really did take quite a bit of time to fill in all the gapes I could. I was so happy to reach the point when most of them were filled, that I rushed out and sprayed the tower black and didn’t realize I’d left off the arrowslits until I started to basecoat it! It was easy enough to fix though. I think they add a bit of character, and hopefully will be handy in the actual game as well.


How it all goes together. 

The doors are proving to be a bit of a challenge. I’m experimenting with painting them now, as you might be able to tell from these photos. I have figured out the solution to my handle dilemma, but I won’t put those on until after the doors are finished.

The door dilemma.


4 comments:

Da Masta Cheef said...

'...a New Year deadline...'

2019? :-p

Rory (Stepping Between Games) said...

Keep plugging away. All progress is good.

neverness said...

Remember, that was written in 2008, so that deadline has way since came and went!

neverness said...

Yes it is. Part 12 will pick up the new stuff. Probably start posting current updates in January (2018).