Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Erik Axegrinder: Rogues Gallery Spotlight

Following on from the the previous Deathwatch post, I felt the desire to work further on these guys. In particular I wanted to get their bases extended.
Erik Axegrinder, rebased.
Especially EriK Axegrinder, whose cloak was originally modeled to appear to drape below the edge of his base. Luckily I was able to model the Secret Weapon Conversion Rings in a way that made it still work.

Cloak paws still hanging free.
I also added a Tzeentch bird skull to the base. It is from the Citadel Skull box set (that you seriously need to get). In the Deathwatch RPG game that I played him in, the Kill Team he was a member of took on the Thousand Sons who, as you probably know, are minions of Tzeentch. Also the Space Wolves have a history of Tzeentch hate so the choice of that skull seemed to make sense.

Another side of Erik.
I have extended the bases of the other Deathwatch guys as well, but their progress hasn't proceeded much beyond this point so I will put off discussing them further until I can give them a proper post.

Progress is slow, but progress continues.
But in the meanwhile, Erik Axegrinder is once again done, and he offically gets his place in the Neverness Rogues Gallery.


2 comments:

Siph_Horridus said...

Those bigger bases look so much better, they have grown on me (as well as the mini) so when I get motivation, I should krak on with mine...

neverness said...

Yeah, I was sceptical at first also.But looking back on even some of the older metal minis you can see that the sculpters were pushing for bigger bases.