Saturday, August 15, 2026

Stormweaver on Unicorn (Part 3)

I managed to turn my attention back to this project. Focusing on just the unicorn mount for now, I decided to go for a dabbled look. This began with a basecoat of Dawnstone. Once dried I washed the model with Nuln Oil.

Dawnstone and Nuln Oil

 Although I am using very different colors, the technique found in an old GW US Citadel Catalog is still very much valid. Although my spotting tend to be a bit bigger than the example they demonstrated.  But I am getting ahead of myself here...


Snipped from GW US Catalog 2004-2006


Ulthuan Gray was used next to more or less finish the coat on the unicorn. 


Next, Corax White was lightly applied in patchy sports. It was reapplied again in a heavier coat in the center of these spots before a final dot of White Scar was added to the very center.


For the Unicorn's muzzle I painted over the Corax White using Fyreslayer Flesh and added a small highlight of Kislev Flesh


After a few things were tidied up, the Unicorn is now essentially done!


Now to focus on the rider, who currently, looks like a ghost riding a spotted gray steed. 

Elven Ghost Rider!



No comments: