|Ready to hunt more Ghar.|
Continuing on from the last post on these guys, I decided to use a thinned wash of Agrax Earthshade over the English Uniform. I then layered the edges again with English Uniforms.
|Agrax Earthshade and English Uniform layer.|
It needed a bit more of a highlight so I mixed a bit of White Scar with English Uniform and applied it to the edges. I also turned my attention back to the bases. They too needed a color kick so I added a highlight of Blood Angel Orange (it's a very old color, from the '89 Space Marine paint set -and it still works great!). I thought this worked out nicely as well. Very "martian".
|White/English Uniform highlights.|
Next up I painted the guns and visors. The visors were painted simply with a Chaos Black base layered with Dark Reaper. It was then washed with Nuln Oil. I wanted more of a highlight though so I added a thin line of White Scar and added an additional Nuln Oil wash over it all.
|Visors and guns.|
The guns were painted in a way that I thought would give them contrast from the uniform colors, yet somehow still manage to look 'right' with them. I painted them with Ushanti Bone, then washed them with Thraka Green and finished them with a highlight of Ushanti Bone.
|View of the Plasma Lance's blue energy coil.|
I thought I was done when I took the pics above but while I was writing this remembered a crucial detail I had overlooked: the red button! So I took a moment to quickly add these details to their weapons. The red button stands out particularly well on the Plasma Lance.
And that is a wrap!
Well, on these 5 guys anyway.
Got 15 more to do...plus their buddy drones...and support drones. But at least I now got a color scheme down that I like.
Join our Facebook group: Neverness Hobbies.