Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Da Goffs 7 ( Part 1)

Since my last post featuring my Goffs I kinda been distracted by these old Orks and that is pretty much all I have worked on. At the end of that post I had already declared that I was going to knock out these last seven Goffs and that I was going for a more rugged approach with their paint jobs. But I looked at the 40k 2nd edition boxed art and threw that notion to the wind. Yup, I went full flame'n 2nd ed Goff on this guy!

"The '90s called..."
 I totally tried to copy one of the Orks from that painting, right down to the red horns, triangles on the shoulder pads, etc. I even crudely painted the red stripes onto the yellow gun also.

"I seez red. It 'urtz me 'ead." 
 Unlike the models I painted 20 years ago, I decided to ditch the browns on the leathers and the wooden axe handle. This axe handle on this one is just a dark gray drybrushed over black.

Seriously, how long could you stand like this? 

Here is a snip from the John Blanche art that adorned the 2nd ed boxed set.  My feeble attempt to replicate the white jags on the helm were abandoned and painted over. And despite my embrace of the red horns or this mini, I just couldn't bring myself to paint the gun clip red. Still, I wish the final models had those spikes on the shoulder pads, it would have vastly improved these boyz.

Goff painted by John Blanche*
So there you have it, my retro Goff. Ah, but what about the other six minis? Well, they are progressing...

The other six.


*Art by John Blanche (C) Games Workshop Ltd 1993, image used for reference purposes and not as a challege to copyright.

No comments: