Sunday, October 28, 2018

Intercessors of Fenris (Part 2)

I was recently able to do some more work on the new recruits for my Space Wolves. I worked up the bases for the Intercessors, but while doing so I found that I had the desire to double-up and so I built another squad.

More recruits.

This are the starter guys from the starter set. I built these guys and applied a few Space Wolf flourishes (or do you guys prefer "accessories"?). So after I glued gravel, and a few skulls, to their bases it was time to prime them. But I needed a new place for priming models. Finding some unused cinder blocks and a slate from a recently retired (i.e. destroyed) dog house, I created this Alter of Priming.*

The Alter of Priming. 
OK, so before I get called out on it, the first sacrifice to the Alter of Priming, if you can tell from the big green spot, was actually the Dreadtober Blood Axe Dreadnought. I just didn't think about taking pics or discussing it until I was about to start priming miniatures for this project.

The Primaris Marines await their priming.
After the primer was fully dried I decided to just jam out a single marine. Sadly I didn't get further than the basecoat, but so far I am digging how it looks like this may turn out. Hopefully by the time I post Part 3 this model will be finished.

Base coat on the first Intercessor. 

*It can only hope to aspire to achieve the legendary status of The Brick of Scrutiny. -Gotta have goals!

2 comments:

Siph_Horridus said...

Many prayers for a still wind at that altar... first one looks like it’s coming along nicely! I’ve quite a few Intercessors to get around to for my Scythes of the Emperor...

Roaring Cersei said...

Hi nice readinng your post