Saturday, October 02, 2021

Deathwatch Venerable Dreadnought (Dreadtober 2021 -Part 1)

 As a natural step from my current build up of my Deathwatch army, I have chosen a Venerable Dreadnought to paint for this year's Dreadtober event.  Yes, it's  break from tradition as I usually choose an Ork Dred to paint. 


Pre-primed.

This model came in the 7th Edition Death Masque boxed set. In the scenario within he had a specific load out, a namel (Nihilus) and even a little back story (he's a Blackshield, apparently). I decided to stick to this however I want to make his main weapon interchangeable. 

Post-primed. 

As you can see I am very much in the early steps now. I have primed the model while the parts are still on the frames. Hopefully this will allow me speed things up a bit more in the early stages of painting. 

2 comments:

Siph_Horridus said...

Glad you are keeping the SM Dread numbers up since I’ve chosen Xenos this year ;)

neverness said...

Thanks! I got the plastic Deff Dred with the new ork starter last month, but I am unsure how I want to paint it so I will probably save it for next year.