Monday, June 26, 2017

Space Wolf Scouts (Part 2)


Progress continues on my Shadow War: Armageddon Space Wolf Scout Kill Team. In the first part of this series I showed a painted example of the late Rogue Trader era Space Wolf Scout paint scheme. The iconography at this time had the scout pack markings as being red on white, colors one would not typically associate with covert operations. But then the scouts from that time were just weird (puffy shirts, moon boots, etc.).

Current basecoats. 

With these guys I just dove into base coating them in a typical scheme close to how we often see these models painted. But I keep looking back on those older minis and thinking that I like the brashness of it all; the 'in your face' fearlessness of that attire. And I ponder if maybe it would be cool to just paint them that way for the hell of it. Granted I wouldn't go all the way with it (no white gloves or green boots) as over all I think that scheme can look a bit too "rhinestone cowboy" for it's own good. Anyway, I am weighing all of this 'out loud' per se to hear if anyone has an opinion on the matter before I go crazy with this...

4 comments:

Da Masta Cheef said...

Needs more baby blue!!

Siph_Horridus said...

Like the concept, SW scouts are not the Neophytes so it fits to have them in their own livery maybe with personalised insignia?

neverness said...

Yeah Siph, that's kind of what I was thinking. Less of that Shadow Grey. (Not "baby blue").

Rory (Stepping Between Games) said...

Hoping you put some tribal stripes on the shoulder pads.