Monday, December 27, 2021

The White Squat (Art Monday)

 Welcome back to Art Monday. 


This is another Squat image that was published in Inquisitor Magazine #15 for their Squat army list issue. This one was featured in the front of the article. I was fairly pleased with it. The pose of this guy is similar to the classic pose of the White Dwarf from White Dwarf #90. 

Ye Goode Olde days. 

Now, I didn't have this image as reference, as I have never owned this issue, but I remembered it fondly. If I had, the right hand on my image might've been a bit less awkward in the final execution. But I do have the plastic Heroquest Dwarf which was based off of the WD #90 cover. 

Heroquest Dwarf. (Image snatched from Redit.) 

Anyway I think I captured the vibe of it. My guy's power axe was based on the traditional Rogue Trader era design that I think is very interesting and fun to draw. Heck, all of the Squat drawings were fun to do, they are a very enjoyable range of miniatures to draw and it is a total shame that they were abandoned the way they were. 

2 comments:

Dai said...

That’s a smashing pic of the warlord!

Couldn’t agree more on the loss of the Squats range tho… Once again, current rumours would have us believe that GW are going to bring them back to life sometime soon. We’ll see.

neverness said...

We'll see indeed. I would love to see 'em return, just not sure if I can justify getting a new army though...