Friday, October 14, 2022

Fixing a Rogue Trader-era Dreadnought (Part 2)

Furibundus update.

Welcome back to my Dreadtober project update. Progress has been slow, but I did find a few fleeting moments to apply some dark blue to the areas I wanted to darken. And I painted over the old decals also. Trying to remove the decals using Micro Sol was going to take longer than time (and patience) would allow, so Injust painted over them. 

The guns and metal area were painted over using Leadbelcher. And the teeth were given a coat of Skeleton Horde Contrast Paint.

Hopefully by this time next week I'll have made more progress. 

But while in the spirit of Dreadtober, I picked up some old 2nd (or more accurately, 3rd) hand Dreadnoughts. One is a plastic Black Reach dread who will most likely become part of my Deathwatch force. The other is a harshly painted metal Dreadnought that was part of a Blood Angels army. This will likely be stripped down but I haven't determined which one of my Adeptus Astartes armies he'll serve in. It's base has been requisitioned by my Ultramarines Furibundus. 


Old models join the fray. 

 Now if you'll excuse me, within minutes of posting this I'll be heading out the door to race down to Knoxville/Turkey Creek to pick up some miniatures I ordered before they shut down the Warhammer store for a little while (see the screen shot below).  Apparently the Manager is moving and they need a new one. So dark goes the store. 



2 comments:

XarfaiEngel said...

Those additional Dreadnoughts look very nice as well! Love that solid chunk of metal!

neverness said...

Yeah, me too. That thing will likely end up soaking in paint stripper for a while. May it will be something I so for next year's Dreadtober? I hope to get the plastic one done up considerably sooner.