Friday, October 21, 2022

Fixing a Rogue Trader-era Dreadnought (Part 3)

WIP.

Continuing from part 2, the next stage was to apply the layer of Ultramarines Blue. This is the mid- '90s color that I am thankful to still have a nearly full pot of. It's a brighter version of the color of the same name that came in the '89 Space Marine Paint Set. 

Ultramarines Blue stage.

The next step was to apply a highlight of Fenrisian Grey to the edges. 

Fenrisian Grey highlights.

Those green eyes...they somehow work. I was going to make them red. Should I still do that or leave them? Anyway, I will deal with it soon enough...

Green eyes...keep em or not?

I really like how well the Fenrisian Grey works with the other colors and I think it makes the whole thing pop. I have been using this recipe since the start of 40k 8th edition and I definitely going to stick with it.

Backside view 

Next up, I am going to touch up the metal bits, particularly the gear works in the arm and legs, and then I got to make a decision regarding the where the decals are going to go.  I have decided not to switch bases after all but stick this current one on a regular Dreadnought sized base. I go t an idea that I think will work better than just scattered bullet shells on rocks. I hope I can get it done by the end of Dreadtober, but we'll see...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Humm got smoe RT blood angel dreds somewhere. I'll have to dig them out before Halloween, don't want to miss another neverness deadline !

Zzzzz

neverness said...

I appreciate that, but this isn't my challenge but rather a community one that I am participating in. Check out the Dreadtober site for details. This month is also Orktober, but I won't be able to do anything for that I'm sorry to say.