Friday, November 10, 2023

The Men/Machines from Voss Prime (Part 2)

 


I just can't get enough of these guys. So much so that found myself almost finishing a ten man/machine squad of these thing.  I say "almost" because I have the transuranic arquebus  left to do. 

Early in the base coat stage.

Unlike the previous trio of Skitarii, I primed these and did all of there base coats my self. stage. Used the yellow contrast paint over pink technique on all of the guy's yellow areas. 



Some of these guys have marine parts scattered on their bases. After some consideration I opted to use the Dark Angels scheme on these chunks of battle debris as I have killed a lot of them over the years. I suppose it's inevitable that these Skitarii will be killing their share of them in their future as well.



I think this guy's hand-scope-thing was assembled backwards. Whatever, I made the best of it and I like how it's turned out. I don't know what it does yet, but I like to imagine it's akin to a Phantom Zone Projector


In addition to the yellow and black banded wires, I had to have some white with blue striped ones also. Or are they blue with white stripes?* Either way, I'm sure many adepts have blown themselves up attempting to figure it out. 



Both the assembled leader guys had Vanguard heads. Of the two, I went with the one that felt the most Ranger like. The Vanguard I am going to build and paint are going to have this exact scheme so I suppose it's not going  to matter ultimately. 


I chose the taser goad weilding guy. This was an easy one to paint. I painted it silver, then the areas that I was going to electrify I painted over with White Scar. After this I used Ultramarines Blue Contrast Paint. This work very well! A slight white highlight after it was dried completed the effect. 

Oops, missed the scrawl on the purity seal! 

After the above pics were taken I realized I missed the red/yellows line on the hems of their robes. A quick fix later and these were ready for their group shot. 

Nine little Skitarii sitting on Mars...

So, yeah, I like painting these guys. A lot. *sigh* I suppose I have officially started a new army now...

*This joke will never cease to amuse me. 




5 comments:

Suber said...

They look cool, I like your scheme, the yellow adds a lot of personality to the result!

DAM said...

So fun! Great work on the squad.

Dai said...

Almost like they are relations with the Howling Griffons?

Good stuff mate. What else do you have planned for them?

neverness said...

Thanks for the nice comments folks, they are quite encouraging. Krishal called this scheme "Howling Griffindor" in a private post which I found amusing. As far as this faction goes, I have quite a few units to work up so this project definitely has Wings. The next one will be revealed with the next two weeks. My goal is to take them to at least 1k points.

Dozen Spins said...

Your blog is a reliable companion in my continuous learning journey.