Wednesday, May 09, 2018

Venom (Part 2)

After completing the cockpit it was time to work on the main hull assembly.

The test fit.
I won't get too wordy with these steps, they are essentially the same steps I used on the Archon of the Obsidian Rose I recently painted. So I shall do this with pics:

Abaddon Black base coat.

Scab Red (thinned to a wash).

Khorne Red (thick lines).

Blood Red (lines on edges).

Wild Rider Red (edges and points).

Sunburst Yellow (highlights). 

Surface highlights added. 
With the hull painted, it was time to unit the two halves. First I glued the cockpit into place, then I merged the two hull pieces into place. It looks like the pieces wanted to warp and leave gaps, so rubberbands had to be deployed.

Banded for a better bond. 

And I will leave it here while the glue cures.


3 comments:

Goddenzilla said...

Great work matey - nice clean highlights!

Suber said...

That's looking excellent so far!!

neverness said...

Thanks! I am very pleased with it so far.