Monday, December 17, 2018

Space Marine Heroes: Celestial Lions Sgt (Part 3)

Last time, in Part 2, I was almost finished with this guy. As you can see, I have achieved that goal.

Finished! 
And all I had to do was paint his head. Simple though it looks, I used about five different colors on it before I got it where I wanted it. Also I completed the painting on the peturges when I discovered I missed a bit. Other than a few minor touch-ups, I was able to finish him in about an hour and a half.

Work in progress. 
As you can see here, the shoulder plate icons were finished, with a few minor touch-ups as well. I am pleased that this turned out well considering I didn't use my template.

Rear view.
The way the paint on the Tactical icon turned out, it does give the impression that these badges were painted on as opposed to the overly clean "wrap" look that you typically see. I think it gives these models a bit more character, but your opinion may nor align with mine...

Right side view. 
I think the grey facial hair, inspired by the card he came with (as shown in Part 1), I like him a lot, he has a lot of character, and the pose is quite different from a lot of the marines that have preceded him over the past few decades.
"On ward to death!!!"

3 comments:

Ziek said...

He looks awesome! I really like the blood on the chainsword.


I will leave with this: Ork Snipers...

Ziek

Suber said...

It's cool to see this Chapter gets some love. Pretty nice!

neverness said...

Thanks! I really enjoy these guys, and I too love to see this Chapter getting some attention. Anytime I see another blogger doing something with them I usually get pretty excited about it. I am considering doing up some Primaris guys for them since it seems that revitalization thru the Primaris program only makes sense, especially considering how few of them survived Armageddon.