Friday, December 14, 2018

Space Marine Heroes: Celestial Lions Sgt (Part 2)


Heads up! 

Here is the Celestial Lions Sgt mostly done, but let's not get, um,  ahead (cringe) of ourselves; here is the Work In Progress steps for this model.

Mid-coats on the stones.
The stonework on the base was basecoated in Craftsmart Graphite before being brought up using Apple Barrel Pewter Gray.  A discrete wash of Nuln Oil was applied, with a more concentrated application done on the joints and cracks. A final highlight of Apple Barrel Country Gray was dry brushed over all of that. By the way, this is pretty much my Imperial Guard Paint Scheme also.

Stonework finished.

The pteruges* were basecoated in Khorne Red, then highlighted on Pink Horror then washed in Carroburg Crimson. I was unsure how this red would look on this model, but I like how these turned out.

The Redding of the pteruges.
This was coming along nicely, but I was unsure about that chainsword. I decided to add some scratches and splash on some Blood for the Blood God and called it done.

Blood for the Blood God!!!
I added a decal for the Tactical symbol which I painted over. But the lion icon I decided to be brave and hand paint it freehand as opposed to digging out the template I made for it last year. I am also pleased with how this came out.

Progress on the icons.
So here he is mostly done. I think you can figure out what I have left to do...

(Hey, the model  came with two and I am indecisive).



* Thanks to Siph_Horridus  for finding out what these things are called.

1 comment:

Siph_Horridus said...

Looks great! Haha, yep, np.