Sunday, December 09, 2018

Pods to Drop Lands to Speed (Part 16)

And I have completed this model! But first let's go through the final steps that got me to this point:

"Which way to the fight?"

As I talked about in part-15 I put some focus onto the Typhoon Missile Launchers. Again, these are the plastics from the Dark Angel sprue, escaping their inglorious fate to be installed onto Space Wolf vehicles where they will carry out missions worthy of the Sagas.

Typhoon Launchers primed. 

Typhoon Missile Launchers basecoated.
As I put the final layers on the missiles I did another pass over the whole  vehicle making sure I got the highlights where I wanted them and that I didn't overlook any details.
Finally, I applied the decals. Always a tedious mission and I am always thankful for Micro-Set!

Decals!
Then came the mounting of the Typhoon Launchers. This act formally completed this model!
Front view.

All-in-all, I think it came out very well!

Passenger side view.

Again, this is Landspeeder Typhoon 2 of 3. However I am numbering them backwards. #1 is going to be completely built from the start as it is still on the sprue. I am thinking I might make that one magnetic  like I did the Celestial Lions Land Speeder back in the previous winter.

Rear 3/4 view of the icons.

Here is a hobby tip regarding the flight stands: petroleum jelly. Vasoline. I know you guys have this stuff on hand, but here is an application for it that I find works brilliantly for the ball joint that came with these old Landspeeders. Apply/smear some onto the ball and snap the ball into the joint. Rotate it around gently and slowly to coat the interior well. You will find that the model will hold up fine with it and that you can detach it from the flight stand without the ball joint snapping off inside of the well. (That was a hard lesson learned BTW).

A handy tip. 

Here is the glamor shoot. I had hoped to get a natural lighting pic from outside, but at this time it is snowing, cloudy and wet, and I would rather not mess this up. Shame, cause it has been awhile since I took any Space Wolf pics using a snowy background. So here is a "top of toolbox red" pic instead.

The glamor shot.
For those keeping count, I have another Landspeeder Typhoon in this series, another Landraider Crusader, about 3 more Drop Pods. I have not a glimmer of a time table on these things. But I will say it will likely be a whim when I do get back this series. Meanwhile, I have three other Space Wolf projects I am actively working on: Primaris Intercessors, a squad of Scouts, and the occasional Wolfguard Terminator. Until then,


3 comments:

Siph_Horridus said...

“I know you have this at hand” lol... great tip.

neverness said...

Haha, thanks.

Baconfat said...

A beautiful speeder.

And you know we all have Vaseline on hand, lol!