Monday, July 05, 2021

Nurgle Champion Bust (Art Monday)

 Here's one I forgot about. This is a Champion of Nurgle, complete with some adorable nurglings to accompany him. If I remember this one took a lot of time to do. I regret that I didn't include his backpack, but whatever...



This was done as a submission piece to Inquisitor Magazine, which was fanzine that supported Warhammer 40,000 and showcased the kits that Armorcast made to support it. Back in the '90s Armorcast was an amazing support line and it's successful showed GW that there was a future in resign support products. Unfortunately, Armorcast's was also they're undoing as GW ended their agreement a created Forgeworld. But, that's another story really, it's Inquisitor Magazine that I wanted to get art into, so I contacted Tim and he liked my stuff enough to put it into two issues (#14 and #15). This piece however is one of the ones that didn't make the cut (it was a bit too gross for that publication). In hindsight, I should have drawn more vehicles, since thats what Armorcast was mainly producing, but I was more interested at the time in exploring a bit more of the human, or personal side of the Warhammer 40,000 universe.  

No comments: