Monday, May 02, 2022

Two Servo Skulls (Art Monday)

 I found these two lurking in the margins of another illustration. I recall that at the time I was experimenting with ink washes for the tones on these things. I drew these right when Warhammer 40,000 3rd edition launched and the art style in the 3rd edition rules books relied a lot on washes to really get that Grim Dark look we all now know and love. This was on a page that was amongst the last illustrations done for the aborted BMQ project. I will show some of those off in time. 

Servo skulls are full to draw and I liked doodling them a lot. Adding all sorts of weird Blanchian techno gizmos to a floating skull and making each one different is a joy indeed. 




2 comments:

Dai said...

Couldn't agree more on the joy aspect of doodling Servo Skulls. My school book margins were littered with scribbles of Servo Skulls and nurglings.

neverness said...

Ah yes, nurglings were fun to doodle as well. And snottlings were fun as well. I think my old HS notebooks might have some Space Marine helmets in them also.