Sunday, July 10, 2022

The Fallen Moon Page 10 (Art Monday)

 

And here is the first full page spread and it's quite an epic one. In fact, it took a lot of inspiration from the Epic game at the time. There's the classic Phantom Titan in the background, a few Eldar Tempests, a bunch of Falcons but taking center stage is that Viper. And originally it wasn't going to be there, but as I was working on this page White Dwarf #207 arrived in my mailbox and I was gobsmacked by this model. I still think it holds up very well, which is saying something considering that this model was produced in the old fashioned analog way ( i.e. no computer generation!) by Jes Goodwin. Anyway, it had to go into this story so I had it crashing but the defiant gunner was still shredding Marines with monofilament disks. 


There is a lot going on in this scene. I think I may have been inspired by Sergio Argones' work on Groo, particularly the epic battles he would draw. I tried to make it so you could see that there's a lot of smaller conflicts within the scope of the larger battle.  

Are you just joining us? Here's the quick links to the previous parts: 

Page-1

Page-2

Page-3

Page-4

Page-5

Page-6

Page-7

Page-8

Page-9


This artwork is unofficial and not endorsed by Games-Workshop. Furthermore this blog and this post generates no revenue for it's owner and is strictly used for, and as, a free entertainment resource in support of games by, but again not official or endorsed, by Games-Workshop. 

No comments: