Sunday, March 18, 2018

Clowning Around (Part 5)


The Reaper's Mirth rebounds!

Goodness, it has been a good while since I posted about these mirthful clowns huh? Well, over the course of a year I have dabbled and poked on some of these miniatures but it was done in a random and chaotic manner. While doing such an activity I noticed that this particular miniature looked...odd.

Something is wrong...
When I got this miniature it was primed black, which hid the issue surprisingly well. It just appeared to be in a dynamic leap and stretching his back to the extreme as it is doing so. But when I sat down and started applying basecoats a problem became apparent: it had a broken spine! There was no way this thing was assembled correctly, so I pried it appart.

What the heck kind of glue is this?!
It was glued together using the strangest of glue. I don't know what this stuff was but it was stretchy and did not want to come off of the metal.

Seperated at last!
After getting it seperated I went about scrapping this goopy stuff off of the miniature to reveal the proper joins.

The glue is removed.
I decided to paint the miniature almost all the way before reassembling him.

Rejoined and mostly painted. 

And with just a bit of focus I completed thia miniature. The icons were the hardest bit, of course, but I am OK with how they turned out. Especially the triangular Prism icon which I liked so much I decided not to fill it in!

Finished with icons. 
I was tempted to add some diamonds to this model but I decided that the white was such a harsh and punchy color that it was best to let it be. Maybe I will do that on some of the other models as I get around to them.

Diamond free.
 I chose to go with green on the gems with this Harley for the sake of contrast. Like I did with the Death Jester.

Green gems, truly outrageous!
As I worked on this I was also working on a few of the other Harleys, particularly the three from the last post. But will hold off for now and will instead show you those, and perhaps more, in the next part.


1 comment:

Rory (Stepping Between Games) said...

Yah more murder clowns! Looking well.