Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Krom (The Older) (Part 2)

Here is the continuing work in progress on the mighty Krom. As I mentioned in part one, this is the older version of Krom due to, well, reasons. I ended the last post with a quick bit of simple green-stuff sculpting to recreate his bionic eye. And now we are at the early painting stages.

Krom (the Older) WIP.

And since I have listed my stages on various Space Wolf posts over the years, I'll keep this one super simple. I will say that I am taking some cues from the White Dwarf Paint Splatter article* that featured Krom.

Basecoats on armor and cloak.

Base coats on fleshy bits and the ground.

 Basecoats on the metal bits.
Below is a better view of the Axe and Cape, since this will take some time, and I will focus on it in the next few posts, I wanted to establish a good perspective shot. This initial step for the cape is a basecoat of Khorne Blood. The axe blade is supposed to be painted like some sort of icicle, and I will detail those steps in a later post also.

View of the Cape and axe.

We'll pick this up with the middle paint stages in the next part.

*White Dwarf weekly, #108, 20 February 2016.

2 comments:

Suber said...

Looking nice so far!

Siph_Horridus said...

Good beard. But if depicting older, maybe a Long Beard type grey beard instead?