Wednesday, June 05, 2019

Battlemasters Tower (Part 2)


Current progress level.
In Part-1 I got as far as priming this thing black. I have made considerable progress since then and, as I typically enjoy doing, I took some stage-by-stage pics of the progress.

After thoroughly priming the model in Chaos Black, I basecoated the model using Graphite craft paint.

Graphite basecoat.
I used a big brush for this stage, not only to coat it quicker but because I wanted to see the brush strokes. The brush stokes create a kind of texture that creates an illusion of fading.
Graphite basecoat on top level.
Next up was a layer of Apple Barrel Pewter Grey. This was applied to the raised bricks leaving the Graphite exposed in the recesses.

Pewter Grey level.
And the final stage on this three-stage process was a rather randomly applied lop coat of another craft paint by Apple Barrel called Country Grey.

Country Grey layer.
Along the defined edges and corners of the tower, I added a thicker layer of Country Grey to more firmly accentuate the model.

Country Grey edging.
After this I went and randomly applied a thinned Agrax Earthshade to a few few stones on each face of the tower.

One side with the random Agrax Earthshade.
Here is a view of the same face but with a better view of the stone landing at the top of the lower staircase.

From a different angle.

With that done, the next steps will be the details which are really just the door and the banner. See you here when that happens!

4 comments:

Mike (Didcot Wargames Club) said...

Great stuff!

neverness said...

Much appreciated, thanks!

Suber said...

I really love it. Fantastic!!

Azazel said...

Nice work! Looking forward to the finalised piece!